Hanayama Cast Metal
Can you take it apart? Can you assemble it again? A new twist on the…
Hanayama Cast Metal
World renowned cast metal puzzles
Hanayama is world renowned when it comes to designing and making high quality cast metal puzzles. The puzzles are the right size; they can fit in your pocket to bring out for puzzling fun at any time. They come in a range of difficulty ratings; from easy to the very difficult level 6/6. It’s just so satisfying when you solve one yourself so join the fun and collect them all.
The Cast Puzzle and the Hanayama story… reproduced from a brochure written by the Development Team at Hanayama in Japan.
Britain in the 19th century:
The nobles and citizens, brimming over with inventiveness and curiosity are said to have created a boom in puzzles. A great variety of puzzles came into existence during this period. Among those puzzles, we have attempted to bring back to life the “Cast Metal Puzzle”. To create the puzzles, zinc alloy is melted and poured into a metal mould. Upon its completion after precise finishing the puzzles are name the “Cast Puzzle” series due to its manufacturing process name; the die cast method.
The allure of the Cast Puzzle….
The Cast puzzles have both a challenge and a difficulty level element that wire puzzles, generally known as “disentanglement puzzles”, don’t have. People who try them experience refreshing stimulation as no force is necessary and this arouses their interest in solving them. The Cast Puzzles offer an unlimited amount of mystery. Its collectability is also one of its appeals. Once you solve one, you will no doubt want to challenge yourself by solving more. Again, there are no answers in the set, as we want you to solve the puzzles on your own and experience real fulfilment.
What Are Hanayama Puzzles And Why Are They So Popular?
Every puzzle enthusiast, collector, and designer knows the name Hanayama. The Japanese toy manufacturers have made the name Hanayama synonymous with puzzles, and we’ve rarely met a puzzle lover who hasn’t attempted a Hanayama puzzle or two. As Mr Puzzle stocks a vast range of Hanayama puzzles, we thought it only necessary to delve into the history of the company and their intricate, challenging puzzles.
The History of Hanayama Puzzles
Hanayama formed in 1933 as a Japanese toy company based in Tokyo. In 1983, the company began developing and manufacturing mechanical puzzles with metal materials that captured the attention and imaginations of puzzle enthusiasts everywhere. Made of cast zinc, Hanayama puzzles focus on disassembly through the separation of individual pieces. For almost 40 years Hanayama’s cast puzzles have been popular amongst children and adults all over the world. They are rich examples of mathematical and engineering prowess, and they are a genuinely incredible experience to solve.
Why Do People Love Hanayama Puzzles
If you’ve ever attempted a Hanayama puzzle, you’ll understand why they’re so popular. The team at Mr Puzzle have a few reasons why we adore a Hanayama puzzle or two;
- There’s something for everyone. Hanayama rates their puzzle difficulty on a scale of 1-6, with 1 being fun and straightforward and 6 recommended only for those with experience in puzzle-solving. No matter what your age or experience level, we guarantee there is a Hanayama puzzle perfect for you.
- They are premium-quality puzzles. Every single Hanayama puzzle delivers an incredible experience. The thought, care, and detail put into each design are evident from the moment you first hold a Hanayama puzzle, and no matter which level you start with, you’ll be entranced at the intricate mechanics of the puzzle.
- They’re built to last. Hanayama designed their puzzles to be solved time and time again and treasured a lifetime. These handmade puzzles can be enjoyed for years to come, making them the perfect addition for puzzle collectors.
Mr Puzzle’s Most Popular Hanayama Puzzles
At Mr Puzzle, we stock one of the widest ranges of Hanayama puzzles in Australia. We’ve been fans of the company for decades, and we love sharing our passion with other puzzle enthusiasts around the world. Here are a few of our most sought-after Hanayama puzzles.
- Hanayama Cast Chain Puzzle. The aim of this puzzle is to disassemble the three links of the chain and then reassemble it. There are three ways to solve this puzzle, so have fun with it. Hanayama gave this puzzle a difficulty rating of 6, so we’d suggest only attempting it if you’re confident with puzzle solutions.
- Hanayama Coaster Puzzle. There are three pieces to this puzzle, so you just need to get them apart and reassemble them again. Make sure you get in quick when ordering the coaster puzzle. It’s incredibly popular and is often out of stock. This puzzle has a difficulty level of 4, so it’s an ideal intermediate puzzle.
- Hanayama NEWS Puzzle. Another challenging level 6 puzzle, once solved it’s not hard to memorise. The legendary Nob Yoshigahara designed the NEWS puzzle, so you can rest assured it will have the classic Hanayama features you know and love.
- Hanayama Quartet Puzzle. This puzzle has two approaches, but neither is simple. You’ll spend many hours scratching your head with this level 6 puzzle, but don’t give up. The solution is worth it.
- Hanayama Baroq Puzzle. Many people choose this puzzle as their introduction to the world of Hanayama but don’t let its level 4 rating fool you. It will require manoeuvring and creativity to solve this one. It’s one of Mr Puzzle’s favourite puzzles of all time.
Purchase Hanayama Puzzles with Mr Puzzle Today
When you’re looking to purchase puzzles online, Mr Puzzle is your one-stop-shop. We’ve been designing and selling puzzles since 1992, and we had our online puzzle shop well before Google even existed. We’re renowned as Australia’s leading online puzzle store, and we’re proud to be able to offer puzzle-lovers across the nation with a wide variety of brain-teasing puzzles. At Mr Puzzle, you are guaranteed to receive high-quality puzzles, premium customer service, and unparalleled knowledge of all things puzzle-related. If you’re looking to purchase Hanayama puzzles, don’t hesitate to drop by our online store and browse the range today!
Featured Bundle Deals
Buy the Limited Edition Stainless Steel copy on its own. Or choose the Brass version.…